This post contains affiliate links.
It’s the month of love! Wow! Seems like Christmas was just a few days ago. Valentine’s Day is coming up soon, but there’s still plenty of time to add that lovin’ feelin’ to your home. Here’s a couple of fun ideas to do just that.
I’m a huge fan of pom poms and they always add to any holiday decor, so I wondered if I could make heart shaped pom poms. I think they turned out pretty cute and the best thing is that they are easy and inexpensive to make.
Here’s how I made the pom poms:
- Wrap a good amount of yarn around your four fingers. The more you wrap, the bigger your heart will be.
- Remove the bundle from your hand. Cut an 8″ piece of yarn and slip it into the middle.
- Tie the yarn piece together tightly and knot.
- Cut the loops of the bundle.
- Start trimming until the bunch forms a ball. The key is the trimming and you will be cutting off quite a lot of the yarn. Flatten the ball.
- Decide where you want the point of the heart and cut.
On the opposite side of the point cut a notch. Round the sides and form the pom pom into a heart.
You could also embellish these sweet hearts with pipe cleaner arrows.
- Each arrow takes one 12″ piece of pipe cleaner.
- Start by forming a 1 1/2″ loop and wrap the end around the wire to hold in place.
- Form a triangle with the loop.
- Curl the opposite end around a pencil to form an arrow.
- These can be hot glued to the back of the pom pom hearts.
- For the cupcake toppers glue half a skewer stick into the point end of the heart.
Here’s another idea! How about making a garland with the pom pom hearts? I simply threaded them onto a long piece of yarn using a large needle.
I hope this has given you a few ideas for Valentine’s Day decor and wish you lots of love in your life.
Here’s some other lovey dovey ideas:
How about another pom pom idea?