Can you believe summer is almost over? Before long we are going to be celebrating the holidays. Today I’ve got Halloween on the mind because I’m participating in a fun event called Craft Lightning Halloween where lots of amazing bloggers are sharing some quick and easy Halloween craft ideas.
My quick craft is this “31” Halloween pennant flag that would be cute hanging on your front door or on a knob on a dresser or cabinet. I placed mine on the wall among some other Halloween decor.
Here’s what I did.
Halloween Pennant Flag Supplies
- 12″x18″ piece of canvas
- number stencils (You can also print off 31 in your choice of font and transfer or trace around them and then paint the numbers.)
- black and orange acrylic paint
- makeup sponge
- glue gun
Halloween Pennant Flag Instructions
- Fold the canvas in half lengthwise and cut a notch on one end.
- Open the canvas and center the stencil towards the notched edge.
- Squirt a quarter sized pool of black paint on a paper plate.
- Dip the makeup sponge into the black paint and dab a few times on the plate to remove some of the extra paint.
- Start dabbing over the stencil filling in the numbers. Let dry.
- Using the orange paint and the end of a paint brush make dots on the numbers. (You could paint stripes or swirls instead.) Let dry.
- Fold back the straight edge of the pennant about 2-3″ depending on the size of your dowel and glue the edge down to create a casing for the dowel. I found an orange arrow to hang mine on.
- This is the basic pennant. The options are endless to embellish it. Here are some ideas:
- Stencil or paint October above the 31.
- Antique around the outside edge of the pennant.
- Tie orange, black, and purple ribbon on the dowel.
- Add jute to the dowel to hang it from.
- Spray with glitter spray
Here’s some other Halloween Crafts you might like: