Welcome to “LEMON WEEK”! We are starting something new here on the site that we are excited about. Each week we will be posting on a theme. This should keep things a little more organized for us, but also fun for you, our readers. We hope you like what we’ve got planned.
I think lemon desserts of any kind are my favorite, even over chocolate. I’m not a big fan of sour lemon things, but give me a sweet lemon pie, cookie, or cheesecake and I will love you forever. Here’s a recipe for a favorite:
- 1 3 oz. Package of Lemon Jello
- 1 Cup of Boiling Water
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Package of White or Yellow Cake Mix
- 3/4 Cup Oil
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar, sifted
- Combine first three ingredients. Mix well and set aside to cool.
- Mix together cake mix, oil, and cooled lemon jello mixture and beat at a low speed for one minute.
- Add eggs one at a time beating at medium speed for three minutes.
- Pour into a well greased and lightly floured bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until tests done.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Invert onto a plate or rack.
- Punch holes in cake top with a fork.
- Glaze: Combine juice and grated rind of two lemons and 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar.
- Pour glaze over cake and continue to cool.