I can’t believe it’s already December 5th. I hope you’re enjoying each day of this Christmas season.
Here’s a favorite recipe of mine. I got it from my Mom and I make it nearly every year at this time. If you love almonds these will be addicting. These are perfect for gifts, as well. I hope you enjoy.
- 1 1/4 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbl. Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 Cup Cream
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 Cups Almonds, unsalted
- Combine sugar, cream, butter, cinnamon, and salt in a two quart saucepan. Mix well.
- Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Place candy thermometer in mixture.
- Continue cooking to 244 degrees (firm ball stage), stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla and nuts.
- Continue stirring until candy grains on nuts.
- Spread on cookie sheet to cool. Break up large chunks.